Saturday, September 8, 2007

Starting Out

I've just joined an online journaling group, whose owner issues themes each week, to challenge our creativity. So far, 28 themes have been posted. Below are my pages. I started from theme one, slipped in a couple of later ones, then decided I'd just slog through the list in order. One thing I've learned so far; I'm still more writer than visual artist.
If you've visited my other blog, http://mezzokat.blogspot.com/, you'll recognize the first four pages.
Theme #1 was Favourite Animal.
Music was Theme #2
The pages below are actually on Theme #26, "Down the Road", but the name reminded me of a picture I took at the entrance of a nearby walking path. I'd been wanting to do something with the pic ever since it was developed. Patience is rewarded!
This theme, #23, "Summer Memory", also got me. I'd already written an essay on the subject, "My Enchanted Back Yard", so it was a perfect candidate for the Journal.

No comments: