Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Pages


Challenge 18 Wings
Couldn't resist making my own fairies for this challenge

Challenge 19 Up in Smoke
My first thought was the money and the health--the lives--that go up in the smoke of a cigarette. But I wanted to be positive, and this song from the Jerome Kern 1930's musical, "Roberta" came to mind. It's not super positive, but the lady has a positive attitude. When her friends tease her about her fickle boyfriend, she smiles and says, "When a lovely flame dies, smoke gets in your eyes."
The sheet music belonged to my mother, and has aged gracefully. Gotta love the '30's look of the illustration.

1 comment:

Dieverdog said...

I like how you wanted your message to be a positive one. Yes, my dear mother who you read about on my blog died of lung cancer from smoking nearly all her life... it can really steal things from us that are precious, so I know how you feel on that one. This piece that you did is lovely and I love the historic, vintage feel that it evokes. That's a neat song.